Tuesday, June 24, 2008

first day... I'm in 314

I showed up about 10:30 am and got my keys... room 314. It looked a bit small at first but would do. I have conduit and moulding around the ceiling to hang pictures from. East facing so it wont get too hot. Bathroom actually pretty nice, I like the tile work. Still, I'm not going near the wrapped TP, got quite a scare last year.

Stephanie Hogen and Elaine Jason were in 212 setting up. An installation of some sort with tree branches and neon and Stephanie's bringing in photos tomorrow.

Back in the lobby ran into Diana. She introduced me to Bob, I think he's the manager or owner of the El Cortez. He was great, remembered my name from last year and said he put me in a bigger room. I mentioned that it seemed smaller than last year but it would be fine. Later, I felt bad about complaining so when I saw him again I thanked him for remembering me and said the room was great. Now I realize, he gave me a really NICE room, as in clean and cool.

Nick Higman showed up at 11 to shoot photos for the Reno News and Review. He started with Diana so I ran home to pick up some prints to hang up. Nick took a few shots in my room. Thew will be in RN&R this Thursday.

Other people I ran into... Still learning names, sorry.
Zach, April, Criag Smires, Nick? - setting up paintings and wire sculptures on 2nd floor 210?
Ned and two others, 2nd floor - 2 rooms, one converted into a shack with a wood stove and a hay bale, other with bird things

I was there from 3-6. hanging photos and trying to get them straight. Sonia came around 5pm and quickly got immersed in the Cable TV. Some show on Discovery about people who sign up to be robbed by ex-burglars who set up video cameras in the house and wait until you are not home and leave all the doors unlocked and the keys in the car and the Louis Vitton bags in the closet next to the dresser filled with all the lingerie and jewelry.  Whatever...

Finally, saw the Sorgs... Amy is hosting the Nada Lounge. They were off in a corner room on floor 2.  She didn't get such a nice room but will make it wonderful I'm sure...

DB

1 comment:

SORG said...

Deano– nice entry here, I never saw this till today.